Like I said, I'm not a fan of fish, but after eating that not-too-fishy-at-all tasting pie, I'd definitely have tried it again. At least until it took me an hour and a half last night to clean up the regurgitated version of it (which looked remarkably similar) from one boy, three sets of bedding, and five sets of pyjamas.
Not ten minutes after I wrote that last post, Lightning started throwing up. Of course he was lying on the Don's side of the bed at the time, so a King bed had to be totally stripped, chunky bits of fish pie picked off and disposed of first. Except being on my own I didn't even get that far - I got as far as getting the sick covered upset Lighting picked off, washed in the bath, in to a new set of pyjamas and heading to his room, when he threw up again, sooner than I expected. I was just trying to find where I left that durned basin for him to use, when up even more came, over a whole bunch of new stuff. So back in to the bath he went, cue many tears from both of us.
Normally the Don and I divide and conquer, and since I deal with the child I reckon I definitely get the better half of the deal. But man, when you're on you're own...?!
The Don was summoned again via telephone to calm Lightning down while he was in the bath the second time. The cries of "mummy mummy mummy I want mummy I don't want to be sick I want mummy mummy mummy come here I want mummy I don't want to be sick" are hard to hear when you really need to spend time in a different room tidying up. On reflection, it's probably better that he first threw up in our room, so at least Joey (and the multitude of books, toys, cars and clothes that the boys had strewn across the floor and we hadn't bothered tidying up) weren't disturbed.
Eventually I got him lying down on a mattress on the floor of our room, and I reckon four more times he threw up - twice while he was fast asleep, so although he got the majority in the bucket his pyjamas and bedding needed changed again. Finally at midnight I unrolled my sleeping bag, curled, up, and for the rest of the night jumped up every time I heard him cough, smack his lips, or kick his legs, which all appear to be signs he's about to be sick.
Boy what a night.
On reflection I think he might be allergic to shellfish given the rash around his mouth and down the side of the face - he did eat an awful lot of king prawns last night. Though of course the rash could just be petechiae. Either way, he woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning before the alarms even went off. I woke up with a great desire to switch the alarms off, forget about school, and curl up on the sofa in our jammies with a movie.
Guess that's what Saturdays are for...
1 comment:
Oh poor you! <>
Post a Comment