Saturday, 11 August 2012

Paper Chase

Two days, four shops, 200 bucks and at least three and a half hours of my time later, and I've completed Toots' school supply list.  Almost.  I'm still looking for some foil lined cup-cake holders which Office Depot and Staples, no surprises, didn't stock, but then neither did Target nor Albertsons.

I also now know more about American stationery than I ever wanted to know, though I did require assistance in each store from various folks, including shop assistants, high school kids and equally desperate and despondent mums.  I think I also needed brads explained to me at least three times, and who'd have known that a '1/2 inch 3-ring notebook with clear outside pocket' is actually a ring binder?  Not me, until the second person showed me to the ring binder section.

Anyway, almost done.  Now I just need to label everything, bag it up, and take it to school.  And if Toots hasn't used her 12 Elmer's washable glue sticks by the end of the school year, I want them back!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Foil lined cup cake holders?! This sure is a posh school she is going to ;)