Tuesday, 28 February 2012

No Surprises

* * * WARNING.  This blog contains plot spoilers. * * *

I think I may just have ruined the Don's Christmas present.  You know, a bit like revealing that Kevin Spacey is Kaiser Soze or remarking how much like death Bruce Willis is.

I was sitting in bed the other night, the Don beside me, reading One Day by David Nicholls.  I got to page 385, that last of Chapter Eighteen and Part 4 when: "Nooo!  She ----?!"  slipped out.

Ooops.

I mean I knew something had to happen, but I wouldn't have guessed that   --- ----.  And okay, okay it's not quite as surprising or revealing as the two twists mentioned above, but I'm thinking it does kinda ruin the end of the book.

Which to be honest is kinda ruined anyway because it's not very satisfying.

1 comment:

Blondefish said...

The film is even worse.