Friday, 5 August 2011

Swimmin' In Sunshine

A couple of firsts today: first time swimming in an outdoor pool here in Midland, first swim in a salt water swimming pool for the girls, first public outing for a not-yet-ready-but-got-no-choice-and-heck-it's-forty-degrees-out-so-I'm-not-covering-up-post-baby-bikini-body, and most importantly, Lightning's first time in the pool.

Which he didn't really enjoy, but mostly that's because he wasn't really enjoying himself on land before he was put in the water.  Next time I'll put him in when he's happy, instead of trying to postpone getting out the pool myself to pick him up and potentially awkwardly feed him so 'hey, how about sticking him in some not particularly warm water instead'...
It was also probably a touch on the bright side.

The Don also got some exercise today (after what's that... 6 months of exercising nothing but the stomach?!) having found some loons to kick a footie with.  Playing at 7pm with the sun still up worked up more sweat than playing 5-a-side at Strikers, though I think he said the standard obviously wasn't anywhere near so high ;)

No comments: